Role: Executive Producer
Applications close: Wednesday 21 February 2024, 5pm (AEDT)
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan O’Connell, Executive Producer & Deputy CEO via email@example.com or (03) 9329 4213
Lucy Guerin Inc (LGI) is a contemporary dance company based at WXYZ Studios in North Melbourne. Across its 22-year history, the company has established itself as being at the forefront of contemporary dance practice through the creation of an acclaimed repertoire of works that regularly tour nationally and internationally.
Each year we present a range of new work and sector programs including world premieres, tours of works in repertoire, creative development projects, residencies, talks, and so much more.
WXYZ Studios is LGI’s home base, and in the six years since opening has grown to become a thriving hub that supports the development of independent choreographers and dancers in Melbourne, and promotes dialogue and exchange with national and international artists.
While our studio spaces are wheelchair accessible, we regret that accessibility to our office is currently more limited, and includes a stepped entrance as well as internal stairs to other facilities. Please let us know if you require more information about access at WXYZ.
The Executive Producer plays an active and integral role in the success of Lucy Guerin Inc and its continuing leadership as a major, innovative, influential, and internationally recognised contemporary performing arts company.
The role provides a motivated, passionate, collaborative and dynamic professional with the opportunity to directly advocate for, and contribute to, the growth of contemporary dance in Melbourne, Australia, and beyond. The Executive Producer will support the Artistic Director/CEO, Board of Directors, staff, artists, and dancers of the Company, and the broader local dance community, to achieve their shared artistic and creative goals.
Some of the reasons you’ll enjoy working at LGI:
– We pride ourselves on being a friendly, inclusive workplace.
– We’re a small but mighty team, delivering a high volume of work with enthusiasm and a sense of humour.
– Professional development and growth are warmly encouraged and supported.
– We’re open to discussing flexible work options.
– We’re located close to lots of public transport options, and there are plenty of great cafes just a few minutes away
To apply for the role
Please submit the following in one PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Wednesday 21 February 2024. Late applications will not be accepted.
- A brief cover letter (no more than 1 page) introducing yourself and why you’re interested in becoming LGI’s new Executive Producer. Please include an indication of your earliest availability to commence in the role if you are successful.
- A maximum of 2 pages outlining how your skills and experience align with the Duties & Responsibilities of the role.
- A current CV (no more than 3 pages), with contact details for two to three referees who can provide verbal references about your professional skills and experience (referees will only be contacted once you have been notified).
We are committed to equity and inclusion, and welcome applications from diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, cultural and regional communities, and people with disability. Please let us know if you would prefer to apply in a different format, or if there is any barrier for you in the job application process as stated.
To be eligible to apply for this role, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.