LGI is offering local dance artists the opportunity to access Studio 2 free-of-charge via an open ballot (online form at bottom of page). Please note these space grants are subject to current lockdown restrictions lifting.
At this time we’re only able to accommodate artists working solo in the space.
These Studio Space Grants are open to all who identify as dancers, dance artists or choreographers. They may be used for creative developments, artistic / choreographic research, practice sharing, or documentation or rehearsals of an existing work. Showings, public events and any activity where participants pay to attend are not permitted.
While the focus is on supporting our professional community to gain access to studio space, we acknowledge this term can sometimes be excluding and strongly encourage applications from artists who have not previously engaged with programs at WXYZ Studios. We particularly welcome dance artists identifying as First Nations, CALD, Deaf or Disabled to enter the ballot.
• There are daytime slots (12-6pm) and evening slots (6:30-9:30pm).
• Each grant is for a maximum of 3 slots. This could be 3 daytime slots (up to 18 hours), 3 evening slots (up to 9 hours) or a mix of both.
• The offer is in-kind access to studio space only and is dependent on studio availability.
• Please do not apply for time periods you could not use. Your allocation cannot be shared and is not transferrable.
• Physical access information at WXYZ Studios can be found here.
• Space grants are only available to activities where the primary activity is dance.
• If you haven’t had a recent studio induction (within the last two months), you must be able to attend one of the group studio inductions (see below). The induction will cover studio use and COVID protocols.
• All recipients must be able to supply current and valid PLI documentation for activity for the duration of the period booked.
• All activities must comply with WXYZ Studios Conditions of Hire and current COVID protocols (click either to view). If you’re unsure if your activity does comply, please contact Pip to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0425 743 511.
Studio inductions (15 mins) will take place on:
• Tue 15 June 12pm or 2pm
ENTER THE BALLOT
To enter the ballot, please fill out this form.
You can also download a PDF version or Word doc version and return these by email to email@example.com. Please let us know if you require this information in an alternative format or if there are any other barriers to your application or participation.
Deadline to be included in the random draw: 5pm, Thu 10 June.
We aim to notify successful entrants by 12noon on Fri 11 June.
Image: Bryony Jackson