This year we celebrate LGI’s 21st anniversary – a significant milestone for one of Australia’s leading contemporary dance companies.
From humble beginnings in a parking garage on Miles St in South Melbourne, to the custom-fit dance centre that is WXYZ Studios in North Melbourne, we have been sustained and nourished by the incredible generosity of so many individuals who recognise the transformative power of dance and donate to LGI’s programs.
Will you help us continue to support Melbourne dance’s sector?
Throughout our 21-year history we have presented more than 21 award-winning works to tens of thousands of people across the globe. We are key to the development of the independent dance sector creating industry pathways for many of today’s dance luminaries – artists like Stephanie Lake, Antony Hamilton, Jo Lloyd, and Lilian Steiner.
Our continued commitment to strengthening Melbourne’s dance community has not abated in the past two decades. In the last year alone, we:
- engaged 43 artists in paid work across 4 productions (totalling over $550k investment);
- hosted 23 studio residents;
- provided over 1700 hours of free studio space;
- offered 236 classes to 1471 participants (led by 42 teachers);
- presented 3 new choreographic commissions as part of PIECES; and
- disbursed $1.5 million to 20 independent dance artists via the Chloe Munro Fellowships.
We’re as excited as ever about the future of LGI and the support we can continue to offer in the years to come.
Will you join us on this journey? Your support can help us:
- make our projects and programs more accessible for Deaf and disabled artists
- support a secondment from NAISDA Dance College travel to Melbourne and experience a week in the life of a professional dance company
- allow us to continue artistic exploration programs such as Liveness and Out of Bounds
- cover the travel costs of Naarm/Solo, our choreographic exchange program with EkosDance Company in Solo, Indonesia.
Whatever amount you’re able to donate, however small (or large!), your contribution will go a long way to ensuring the ongoing professional development of dancers in Melbourne.
Please donate today.
Every donation to LGI is tax deductible and will enable us to create and tour bold new contemporary dance, provide commissions and studio residencies to emerging and independent choreographers, and subsidise classes and workshops so that they continue to be affordable for dancers to develop their craft while balancing the increasing pressures of living.
Another way to support LGI is by joining our Commissioning Circle, a committed group of individuals who give $2,000+ annually. Commissioning Circle members receive invitations to LGI events throughout the year, including opening nights and work-in-progress showings.
If you’re interested in increasing your support and involvement with LGI, please contact Brendan O’Connell, Executive Producer & Deputy CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to donate to LGI
By Direct Debit or Bank Transfer
Lucy Guerin Association Incorporated
Account number: 12213828
Contact us for a donation form (email@example.com).
To donate online via credit card, head to GiveNow
Information on Tax Deductible Donations
Lucy Guerin Inc is a registered Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and endorsed as a Charitable Entity under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. Lucy Guerin Inc is also on the Australian Government Register of Cultural Organisations.
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.