LGI is delighted to announce Back to Practice: a six-month program to support the needs of dance professionals as we recover and look ahead together.
Back to Practice will engage artists through conversation, practice, training and knowledge sharing over the coming months, and lay foundations for ongoing activities well into 2021. Through a suite of activities, the program will create a series of generative and supportive meeting points for the dance community in Victoria and beyond:
- Daily Classes: Our free online dance and yoga classes, which we have offered since early April, are now available daily. These will continue to be offered daily until we can safely return to a regular program of classes at WXYZ Studios.
- Dance Dialogues: Regular public conversations featuring local and international dance artists exploring practice and art-making now. These free events will be delivered online or in-person, as restrictions allow.
- Co-Labs: An artist-led initiative that invites artists to share their practice with a group of peers at WXYZ Studios.
- Workshops: A series of workshops led by experienced artists to refresh creative thinking and practices, to be announced in early 2021.
- Future Forward: A new artist advisory group which will focus on how LGI can best support the independent community going forwards.
This program also includes a deepening of our continued support of LGI’s Resident Company, Yellow Wheel.
Lead image: Bryony Jackson