Applications close: 10 May 2021
We are committed to equity and inclusion, and welcome applications from diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, cultural and regional communities, and people with disability. Please let us know if you would prefer to apply in a different format, or if there is any barrier for you in the job application process as stated.
• Are you keen to join one of Australia’s leading performing arts companies and support the delivery a suite of programs that support Melbourne’s independent dance sector?
• Are you enthusiastic, motivated, and looking for a wonderful new professional challenge?
• Do you enjoy working alongside a small team of curious, hard-working, and generous colleagues?
About the company
Lucy Guerin Inc (LGI) is a contemporary dance company based at WXYZ Studios in North Melbourne. Across its 19-year history, the company has established itself as being at the forefront of contemporary dance practice through the creation of an acclaimed repertoire of works that regularly tour nationally and internationally.
Each year we present a range of new work and sector programs including world premieres, tours of works in repertoire, creative development projects, residencies, talks, and so much more.
WXYZ Studios is LGI’s home base, and in the 2.5 years since opening has grown to become a thriving hub that supports the development of independent choreographers and dancers in Melbourne, and promotes dialogue and exchange with national and international artists.
While our studio spaces are wheelchair accessible, we regret that accessibility to our office is currently more limited, and includes a stepped entrance as well as internal stairs to other facilities. Please let us know if you require more information about access at WXYZ.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the role
The Studio Coordinator is a new role in the company, designed to provide a regular interface between artists, hirers, and the independent dance sector at WXYZ Studios.
A public-facing role, the Studio Coordinator is an integral anchor in the success of LGI. The primary objectives of the role are to support the company’s sector development programs as well as broader venue operations at WXYZ, mostly through coordinating processes for our daily classes and providing administrative support.
As this is a new role, we’re happy to work with the successful candidate in shaping it.
Ideally we’re looking for someone who is able to commit to being at the studio from Mon-Fri each week (9am-12pm daily), to manage daily class; but we’re also open to alternative work hours that take in a majority of class times across the week.
Some of the reasons you’ll enjoy working at LGI:
• We pride ourselves on being a friendly, inclusive workplace.
• We’re a small but mighty team, delivering a high volume of work with enthusiasm and a sense of humour.
• Professional development and growth are warmly encouraged.
• We’re open to discussing flexible work options.
• We’re located close to lots of public transport options, and there are plenty of great cafes just a few minutes away
To apply for the role:
We’d suggest reading the full position description to understand the scope of the role as well as the essential skills and experiences we’re looking for. If you have any questions, or if there’s anything you’d like to clarify about the role, the company, or the application process – get in touch with Brendan O’Connell, Executive Producer, via the contact details provided.
Once you’re ready to apply, please submit the following in one PDF document via email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Monday 10 May. Late applications will not be accepted.
• A brief cover letter (no more than 1 page) introducing yourself and why you’re interested in becoming LGI’s new Studio Coordinator
• A maximum of 2 pages outlining how you meet the selection criteria/qualities we’re looking for
• A CV with contact details for 2 current referees (referees will only be contacted once you have been notified)
Please let us know if you would prefer to apply in a different format, or if there is any barrier for you in the job application process as stated.
To be eligible to apply for this role, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.